• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cambridge to Bradford-on-Avon

Status
Not open for further replies.

otter11

I will be travelling from Cambridge to BOA on 2nd or 3rd June and returning on 5th June. I have a 16-25 railcard and currently fares are around £18ish each way. I was just wondering if there are any splits which would potentially be beneficial for this route? I don't mind going a more interesting route if this can lower the cost!

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The £18 fare (around £36 return) will be an Advance fare which ties you to specific trains.

The Super Off Peak Return costs £44.60 which is far more flexible should you need more flexibility.

otter11

The £18 fare (around £36 return) will be an Advance fare which ties you to specific trains.

The Super Off Peak Return costs £44.60 which is far more flexible should you need more flexibility.

Thanks for this. I know they were advance fares, and am very happy to be inflexible - I was more wondering if there were some advance splits which could make this cheaper.

Romilly

Established Member
There are no obvious splits that I can see or think of.

But on the Sunday evening, there are some £16.85 Advances on the 1844, 1938 and 2012 departures from Bradford on Avon - although you will need to book soon to catch some of those.

otter11

There are no obvious splits that I can see or think of.

But on the Sunday evening, there are some £16.85 Advances on the 1844, 1938 and 2012 departures from Bradford on Avon - although you will need to book soon to catch some of those.

Thanks Romilly, I expected that might be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.