• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cambridge to Bradford-on-Avon

Status
Not open for further replies.

otter11

I will be travelling from Cambridge to BOA on 2nd or 3rd June and returning on 5th June. I have a 16-25 railcard and currently fares are around £18ish each way. I was just wondering if there are any splits which would potentially be beneficial for this route? I don't mind going a more interesting route if this can lower the cost!

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The £18 fare (around £36 return) will be an Advance fare which ties you to specific trains.

The Super Off Peak Return costs £44.60 which is far more flexible should you need more flexibility.

otter11

The £18 fare (around £36 return) will be an Advance fare which ties you to specific trains.

The Super Off Peak Return costs £44.60 which is far more flexible should you need more flexibility.

Thanks for this. I know they were advance fares, and am very happy to be inflexible - I was more wondering if there were some advance splits which could make this cheaper.

Romilly

Established Member
There are no obvious splits that I can see or think of.

But on the Sunday evening, there are some £16.85 Advances on the 1844, 1938 and 2012 departures from Bradford on Avon - although you will need to book soon to catch some of those.

otter11

There are no obvious splits that I can see or think of.

But on the Sunday evening, there are some £16.85 Advances on the 1844, 1938 and 2012 departures from Bradford on Avon - although you will need to book soon to catch some of those.

Thanks Romilly, I expected that might be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.