• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cambridge to Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

tivoli

I have an advance ticket from Cambridge to Liverpool via Kings Cross and Euston. The booked train from Euston is 13.40 changing at Crewe, with required connections. Can I leave Cambridge at any time on the day or do I have to fit in with normal Cambridge to KGX peak restrictions, as it wouldn't be a required connection?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
First of all, Advance tickets are not subject to peak/off peak restrictions.

As you won't have a specific reservation coupon for the CBG-KGX leg, you can take any reasonable connection to London on Great Northern. So if you arrive 60 minutes before your VT leaves, that would be fine, but if you got to Kings X at 9am, that wouldn't be a reasonable connection for a lunchtime departure, and you may have to buy a new ticket.

It is a required connection, but not in the way you think. Required just means it's required to complete the journey.

tivoli

Thanks JakeF, just curious, don't have any plans in London, I did assume required connections was similar to reasonable.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
You should be fine as long as you choose a train that allows at least the minimum cross London transfer time for Kings Cross to Euston (I'm sure someone can help with that soon, I can't find them on my phone sorry) and on trains maybe up to 60 - 90 minutes before that to give yourself more time. Ultimately it's left up to you to judge what's reasonable and what fits with your journey requirements :)

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
From memory the minimum interchange time between Kings Cross and Euston is 35 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.