• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cambridge to Nantwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Liam

the great trickyvegas has recommended this site to me.

Anyway, can any of you fine people help me with this?

Cambridge to Nantwich.

Leaving Monday 8th either at 1330 or 1700

Coming back Tuesday 9th at 1500 approx

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
the great trickyvegas has recommended this site to me.

Anyway, can any of you fine people help me with this?

Cambridge to Nantwich.

Leaving Monday 8th either at 1330 or 1700

Coming back Tuesday 9th at 1500 approx

Thanks

Fares? - any R/C - how many people?
Times/Route?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
OUT Board / Alight is in RED Calling Points in BLACK
East Coast (01/02/10 1856) said:
Cambridge 13:45 FC
London Kings Cross 14:33

London Underground to Euston

London Euston 15:10 VT
Milton Keynes Central15:40 15:40
Crewe 16:47

Crewe 17:26 AW
Nantwich17:34

RTN Board / Alight is in RED Calling Points in BLACK

East Coast (01/02/2010 1856) said:
Nantwich 15:05 AW
Crewe15:17

Crewe 15:29 VT
London Euston 17:04

London Underground to Kings Cross

London Kings Cross 17:44 FC
Cambridge18:31

Hope this Helps - there are some ADV fares availible at the mo!

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The more information you can provide about your requirements, the better we can find the best ticket(s) for you. If you are 16-25, 60+, or have a disability (even including something like epilepsy and don't think of yourself as disabled), or are a student or are travelling with anyone under 16 then you may find a Railcard worthwhile (if you don't already have one). Do you want a fast journey or are you happy for a slow journey if it saves money? Can you tie yourself to specific trains (it's a bit late for Advance tickets but there may be savings to be made)

Cambridge to Nantwich 'walk on' Off Peak return available right up until departure is £63.40 Route Not London or £74.50 Route +Any Permitted (including LU from King's Cross to Euston if you prefer not to walk).

It may be cheaper to split the ticket, a London to Crewe Super Off Peak Route London Midland Only is a mere £22 return. (Singles between Crewe and Nantwich being £2.30 each way which you can buy on board). In comparison the Cambridge to London fare is poor value at £28.90 for the Off Peak return. This saves just over £20 (£10 each way) but if you value your time at more than £10 per hour then it's not worth it.

So it depends...

Uncle Liam

Ok. Cool.

Well, I'm 26. No rail card. Nothing special.

I'm not really fussed about time a great deal. I know that I'm going to get shafted by some train company at some point. Although if any company is likely to mess me around, it is London Midland.

Thanks for help so far.

tony_mac

Established Member
You can save a small amount on yorkie's suggestion by buying tickets to /from Watford Junction instead of London - which will also include the tube ticket.

Alternatively, advance tickets are available to Nuneaton at £16 each way, and a London Midland only super-off-peak return to Crewe at £11. Plus £5.60 to Nantwich. That's £48.60
I don't know how slow that will be, you would have to check the connections (and watch the super-off-peak restrictions)

Advance tickets to Wolverhampton are available, £16 each way with XC, sometimes a bit less via London (but slower).
Plus £15.20 return to Nantwich, which is £47.20.

You may also be able to get cheap advance tickets to Rugby, via London, and then a cheap LM ticket from Rugby to Crewe.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
The "NOT London" routing would probably take you Cambridge-Nuneaton-Crewe-Nantwich if you prefer missing out London.

Status
Not open for further replies.