Cambridgeshire Guided Busway Expansion

Discussion in 'Other Public Transport' started by Flywaver, 6 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flywaver

Flywaver Member

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Eagle

Eagle Established Member

EDIT Misunderstood the post.

The bus, I'm guessing, will go via Huntingdon and St Ives, whereas the train goes via March and Ely (which is five miles longer). Both look to be averaging about 55-65 mph, which for the bus seems highly unlikely...

Last edited: 6 Nov 2011
  4. jopsuk

jopsuk Veteran Member

I can't see this working either- Google maps reckons on Peterborough-St Ives being about forty minutes. You could, traffic willing, drive from Peterborough to Cambridge in under an hour, but wouldn't manage that if you were also going through St Ives (and possibly Huntingdon- I'd assume these would be B route buses?)

5. ajax103

ajax103 Established Member

Rather then waste money on this idea, the Stagecoach board should reject it and insist the local Stagecoach use any extra buses to improve their existing services or even better improve the reliability of their existing services which unreliable doesn't even come close to what the services are like.

Any extra money could be used to provide more Double Deckers Buses to use to ease the chronic overcrowding on certain routes, overhaul the timetables to give a clockface timetable (a 15 minute frequency would be far simpler to maintain then the supposed 10 minute frequency), improve the evening services as a example there's a Citi 3 bus for Bretton departing at xx:15 with a Citi 2 bus for Bretton leaving 15 minutes later meaning there's no connection with commuters coming from London as they have anything up to 45 minutes to wait which isn't desirable.

And best of all, re-introduce Inspectors to improve the time keeping of the services.

Once they've actually managed to pull up their socks and delivered the much needed improvements then should they look at introducing new services so as a local user of the company in question, no I think it is the wrong decision to take if they do introduce such services.

As to slating the existing rail services, yes it would be nice to have faster services but......

There's nothing wrong with using Cross Country direct between Peterborough and Cambridge or using East Midlands Trains/National Express East Anglia and changing at Ely. :)

6. Flywaver

Flywaver Member

Just seen a Car parked on the guided busway south of Cambridge station. Nice Mercedes too.. Police turned up for an interview.. :D

7. jopsuk

jopsuk Veteran Member

oops! No sign of it this morning. Probably stolen? Most of the ones that have been driven onto the busway have been. If they'd activated the hyrdo bollards at the station it would reduce the chances of this happening mind.

No sign of it this morning

8. Flywaver

Flywaver Member

It was towed away around 1am. Judging by behaviour it wasn't stolen. Just a couple of muppets doing it for a laugh....Fail..

9. bb21

bb21 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You mean like the idiots here, here and here? :lol:

10. jopsuk

jopsuk Veteran Member

11. Flywaver

Flywaver Member

This must of been the incident i witnessed but i didn't see the woman..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.