• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cambridgeshire to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSE

Established Member
Good Evening, I'm traveling to Sunderland for the Arsenal vs Sunderland game. There are two of us, one with a 16-25.

I've had a look at fares and its coming in at around £100/£120 for the whole journey, but we have a lift offered, so for my dad to take the train the price needs to drop somewhat :P .

The game is 3 o'clock on Saturday the 9th Feb, so we'd need to be in Sunderland by midday, and returning the next day at any time really, realistically about midday onwards.
We are happy to travel from Cambridge, St. Neots or Bedford stations should one offer a significant saving over another. We are happy to have a couple of changes and take a slower, less direct route, for example traveling via Leeds or a stopper or something, and happy to travel friday night should a cheaper ticket arise then.

I understand i've missed the boat for many cheap advances, but thank you very much in advance for any help that you may be able to offer.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GNER 91128

Couldn't you do FCC from St. Neots to Peterborough. EC to York and GC to Sunderland?

Always proud of the away boys.
arse.gif

NSE

Established Member
aye, but it wasn't that cheap sadly.

yup of course :D Went last year and saw Henry's last ever goal for Arsenal XD

GNER 91128

A beautiful moment :D

I did a quick search and the "out" part of the journey you could do it for £22.75 with the railcard.

NSE

Established Member
Does that include my dad too? Sadly, as much as he's up for training it, we've been offered a lift for about £20 petrol money, so it's less money in the beer fund :/

soil

Established Member
Single St Neots - Pbo, Advance Pbo - York, GC Only Anytime Return York - Sunderland.

alexjames

The OP's query again demonstrates the neccessity of booking at the earliest opportunity. In this instance that would be within a day or so of the fixture list being published. That is the actual fixture list, as adjusted by the telly companies, which is not to be confused with the draft issued by the Prem League in late June.

Booked then, it was about £43 return on GC off KX.

And that TH goal last season - mmmmm....

GNER 91128

The OP's query again demonstrates the neccessity of booking at the earliest opportunity. In this instance that would be within a day or so of the fixture list being published. That is the actual fixture list, as adjusted by the telly companies, which is not to be confused with the draft issued by the Prem League in late June.

goodpost.gif

I have to say I'm pretty lucky to get decent fares from where I am to London for when I go to home games.

Never been to an away game because it the train is normally too much on top of the ticket cost.

NSE

Established Member
Sadly, we couldn't book ticket much earlier, it's a bit of lads weekend so it's only just confirmed.

Best part was sitting in the Sunderland end last year when it happened and being like WAHEY but really subtly haha

Clip

Established Member

They do change though quite often even after the list has been published as I have found out in the past which is why I just use my Priv now - though that also gives me the flexibility of when to come back too even if its not cheaper than an advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.