• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Camcorder 1080 or 4K recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello all,

I've been using a Panasonic HC-V100 for the past 10 years now and I think it's time to upgrade now I've started getting more into transport video especially covering bus rallies.

It's downside is quality and especially sound, my Nikon D810 takes some great footage but is no good at audio (though I could plug an external mic I know) but zooming with the lens is jerky, plus I've always believed video's is best left to a camcorder.

It's tricky, what to get? I've sort of narrowed it down as I like the look of the Sony FDR AX53, but I don't know, it says good sound but reviews say it can be quite jerky when panning in motion, which is kind of what I'd be doing with buses! But then having done research for camera's and lenses, reviews can be extremely nit picky and sometimes isn't actually a problem, is a gamble when you can't just pick one up and see what it's like especially when it's not a budget camcorder!

Ideally camcorder just needs to have good image, good sound (or capabilities to with accessories if need be) and have image stabilization.

Any recommendations and sample videos? Budget anything up to £1,000

James

Status
Not open for further replies.