Camera Advice

Discussion in 'Photography Advice & Discussion' started by TheSWTSpotter, 23 Sep 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSWTSpotter

TheSWTSpotter Member

Please can someone recommend me a good camera for spotting under a budget of £100.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. 455driver

455driver Veteran Member

Where do you want to start, do you take video, do you want to take pictures of fast moving trains, do you want to use it in low light situations, do you want a zoom lens, do you want wide angle etc etc.

There are 1000s of cameras out there and which one will suit you best is up to you to work out by sitting down and working out what is the most important functions.

4. TheSWTSpotter

TheSWTSpotter Member

Well I will be needing a digital camera, and I will be mostly taking pictures but also plenty of video, I would prefer the video to be HD and I will be needing anything with 10 megapixels or more. I'll rarely be in low light situations so that won't be a big problem for me.

Apart from this there is nothing else I want from a camera right now.

5. FlyinScotsman

FlyinScotsman Member

Make sure it has a fast shutter and a fast memory card if the objects are moving. A second hand Pentax kr can be found on the internet at around budget.

6. TheSWTSpotter

TheSWTSpotter Member

Can anyone give me advice or tips on the Pentax X5 for trainspotting. So far to me this camera looks like a very good camera to use for my purpose, but I was just wondering if anyone wouldn't reccomend this camera over another one around the same price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.