• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Camera Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
Where do you want to start, do you take video, do you want to take pictures of fast moving trains, do you want to use it in low light situations, do you want a zoom lens, do you want wide angle etc etc.

There are 1000s of cameras out there and which one will suit you best is up to you to work out by sitting down and working out what is the most important functions.

TheSWTSpotter

Well I will be needing a digital camera, and I will be mostly taking pictures but also plenty of video, I would prefer the video to be HD and I will be needing anything with 10 megapixels or more. I'll rarely be in low light situations so that won't be a big problem for me.

Apart from this there is nothing else I want from a camera right now.

FlyinScotsman

Make sure it has a fast shutter and a fast memory card if the objects are moving. A second hand Pentax kr can be found on the internet at around budget.

TheSWTSpotter

Can anyone give me advice or tips on the Pentax X5 for trainspotting. So far to me this camera looks like a very good camera to use for my purpose, but I was just wondering if anyone wouldn't reccomend this camera over another one around the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.