• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Camera Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Right, sometime in the next few months I'll hopefully be looking to purchase a new camera to replace my crappy Packard Bell piece of sh*t. It doesn't have to be anything too big and fancy, just something that produces a half decent picture thats quite a bit better than the crap my current camera churns out (see my fotopic site for examples, link in my profile). I don't want to spend too much on it, prefferably somewhere around the £100 - £150 mark, not a huge amount but will surely provide a vast improvement on what I've currently got. Any suggestions?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Nikon Coolpix do some good cameras that are 5 megapixels+ at around £145. :)

Craig

Established Member
If you shop around you should be able to get my camera (Fuji S602) or something similar which has manual controls, so you can take better pictures rather than using a fully automatic. I'll let you make your own mind up about the quality of my photos :lol: My railway ones can be found here and my non rail ones here.

If you can stretch your budget a bit the S5600 looks alright too.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
the S5600 looks alright too.

I have the S5600. Its a good camera. Photos on my site since 1st June 2006 have been taken using it.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
matt said:
I have the S5600. Its a good camera. Photos on my site since 1st June 2006 have been taken using it.

Yup can vouch for it as well! All photos from January onwards have been taken with my S5600 :smile:

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Digital zoom is a waste of time. It does exactly the same thing as what you can do on your PC at home.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
matt said:
Digital zoom is a waste of time. It does exactly the same thing as what you can do on your PC at home.
Yep, we all have Infinity X digital zoom by using an image editor e.g. Photoshop ;)

I always laugh whenever I see digital zoom quoted anywhere. But when I see photos taken with digital zoom on a website (eg. Fotopic) I reach for the big X in the top right corner of the window.

ChrisM

Indeed as said digital zoom is crap so don't get a camera based on that.
Fuji S5600 is a great camera and be had for around £175, the Fuji F10/11 are great also and very compact.

Status
Not open for further replies.