• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can a train depart P1 @ Staines towards Windsor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazr

Random question, I know. Just wondering if there is a platform/ground signal for this move. Theoretically, the train could use the x/o @ Staines West junction, but would this require a MOM? The reason I ask is that there was 2 trains scheduled to do this on 4/4, and as of today it has now become 1. The first of the two now reverses in Staines siding and goes back into platform 2. The second train has a 6 minute turnaround, and during this time platform 2 is occupied until 10 minutes after it's due to depart. As the first service has been adjusted, I'm leaning towards it being a scheduling error, but if it's a signalled move I may be tempted to show up at a silly hour. Thoughts? :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Sunday definitely has some kind of scheduling error.

Screenshot from real time trains attached.

2U18 is the inbound from Windsor. 5U18 will be the empty stock move from that, but as you can see that is currently scheduled to happen before 2U18 arrives. So some kind of error.

2U15 is the train you can see scheduled to go from platform 1 towards Windsor. 5U15 will be the stock for that, and arrives into platform 2 at 0826 in time to depart as 2U15 at 0830, despite being shown as platform 1.

Anyone's guess what will actually happen if the time travel element of that schedule isn't corrected.

1617221934785.png

Romsey

Definitely a schedule error as 5U15 arrives in platform 2. No 5U18 tom Staines CS either.
There is a limit of shunt board at the country end of platform 1 - effectively a "fixed red" signal.
What will apply after resignalling I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.