• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can an RTV be cancelled? Avalti WC taking forever to send a RTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Following being wrongly denied access to an Avanti West Coast Train by the Euston gate line staff, being treated dreadfully by them at the time, complaining to a team leader at the time still to no avail and complaining afterwards and being fobbed off, then getting Avanti to admit to me though a FOI request document they gave me that I should have been granted access, the complaint was upheld ONLY once a second Manager from Customer Relations looked at it. Avanti have agree to send me a Rail Travel Voucher. This was a month ago and it has still not arrived.

I have followed this up with them this week and they have said that they have said issues with their outgoing mail being delayed (delays with correspondence being printed their end of then placed in the mail). They therefore want me to wait another week before I contact them again before they will consider issuing a replacement voucher if I haven't received the first one.

I wonder if there are just being slow, awkward or if indeed they actually have no way of cancelling their first RTV once they've issued it so are hoping I might still receive it eventually in the mail?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
I guess that explains why they are hoping it still arrives at my address before they issue another. I thought maybe when a booking office scans it, the barcode, that it might link to a live system. I guess this doesn't really work even if it is "listed as cancelled."

I guess I'll just have to wait another week before following it up. When I do eventually receive a RTV from them I'll take a photo of it so I have a record of which one I received and used in the event of any follow up query. Although I would not expect too much of a fuss over £20, but I have to cover my back and use the RTV they've issued to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.