• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can I buy a PlusBus ticket after I've already bought Advance rail ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
As per heading, is it possible to buy a PlusBus ticket (at a railway station?) after I've bought and collected my Advance ticket?

If so presumably they'd need to see the rail ticket otherwise anyone could buy one if it's cheaper than the standard bus fare?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

zoothorn

I've done this a couple of times with no problems with a ticket bought online. As you say they will want to see the rail ticket.

trainophile

Established Member
I've done this a couple of times with no problems with a ticket bought online. As you say they will want to see the rail ticket.

Cheers, that's good news. I read somewhere that there's a reduced price during June and July but can't recall whether that was general or just in some areas.

sonic2009

Established Member
Can I buy PlusBus to 'add' to a Free Pass?

There is an issue surrounding this, technically I would say No, but as i don't work for a TOC or within a ticket office i can't comment fully.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I can't officially be added to free passes, Staff travel passes or anything similar to them.

NRES said:
PLUSBUS can be added to most types of walk-up & Advance train tickets:
single
day return
period return (you will need to specify your return date)
season ticket (for set periods of 7 days, 1 month, 3 months or 1 year: the period must be within the validity of your rail season ticket)

Status
Not open for further replies.