• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can I change direction of travel for a return ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marts

Hi, I've just bought a Faversham to London return for travel on Friday 10th June returning Monday 13th June, with Network Railcard discount, £17.15.

Once I'd got the confirmation email I realised I've booked the wrong direction of travel, I need to start in London and return to London, can this be changed? I bought the ticket using the EMT app and have not collected the ticket yet, I've checked the EMT website for a refund and its offering me £7.15 refund and £10 refund charge.

Any thoughts?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
If you haven't collected the ticket, give EMT a ring: 03457 125 678.

marts

Thank you, I'll give them a call tomorrow. Would it be worth try the ticket desk in Sheffield tomorrow morning?

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
They're open 24/7, the sooner you indicate to them that you've made a mistake the more likely they are to help without charging.

Agent_c

Hi, I've just bought a Faversham to London return for travel on Friday 10th June returning Monday 13th June, with Network Railcard discount, £17.15.

Once I'd got the confirmation email I realised I've booked the wrong direction of travel, I need to start in London and return to London, can this be changed? I bought the ticket using the EMT app and have not collected the ticket yet, I've checked the EMT website for a refund and its offering me £7.15 refund and £10 refund charge.

Any thoughts?

You'll need to get them to change it, whether or not they do without the fee is up to them.

Don't try using it the wrong way - your use of the return portion invalidates the outward.

marts

Been doing that journey every month for ten years and that's the first time I've messed up!

Didn't realise they were open 24 hours, called them and got it changed, full refund and new ticket booked.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.