• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can I excess a single to a return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Is it possible to excess an Anytime Day Single to a Return? Sorry for short question but that's what I would like to know!
Yes.
Short question= Short answer :D

Or if you want a slightly longer answer.
"It is permitted to charge an excess fare to upgrade a Single ticket into a Return (but not into London Day Travelcards), provided the excess fare is paid before departure. If no ticket office facilities are available, it must be done at the earliest possible opportunity, but before the validity of the Single has expired,"
Sam

trainophile

Established Member
Great, thanks for the quick reply. I bought singles from Norwich to Sheringham, but then we decided to stay in Norwich instead of Sheringham. Consequently we have singles NRW-SHM, but after we have checked into our hotel we could still take an afternoon trip to Sheringham (I am aware of the bus replacement from Cromer this coming week) and go back to Norwich early evening, but I didn't want to pay another £5.30 each. I can go to the ticket office at Norwich then and sort this out. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.