• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can paper train tickets be recycled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi2u_uk

Sorry if this is a dull question however can i put my paper tickets in the recycling bin ? its just i'm accumulating a lot of these and wonder if the paper that the orange national rail tickets is printed on can be recycled . Also i assume it wont stick to the sides of the recycling bin

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pt_mad

Established Member
Are the regular (small credit card sized) orange tickets wax coated or something? It feels like it's very thin coated card? Are they as easily recycled as regular paper?

Darandio

Established Member
I would shred them as they have information that could be used by burglars

Indeed. They could see I went somewhere on xx date then jump in a time machine and go back and burgle my house. Surprised nobody thought of that before you.

Edders23

many councils are abandoning recycling paper and cardboard plus most plastics so paper will either end up at Ferrybridge power station as fuel or go to land fill

or you could compost it with garden waste as our council recommends not sure if they are aware of the heavy metals used in printing ink which can contaminate soil but heh ho

radamfi

Established Member
What about the magnetic strip? Does that make it incompatible with paper recycling?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I put mine in the recycling bin.

I do too, though the MK approach to recycling is to accept anything that vaguely looks like it might be recycling and sort at the recycling factory rather than rejecting if it vaguely looks like it might not as many Councils do, so that doesn't confirm it is recycling.

Aictos

Established Member
Yes they can be recycled for example First Capital Connect for a while installed large see though bins in partnership with Metro (The Newspaper) at most of their stations such as Hertford North and Stevenage with the idea to encourage both staff and passengers to recycle more.

So yes go ahead and recycle them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.