• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can/should TOCs notify service alterations via NRE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastdyke

Established Member
... I'm now wondering if there's anywhere else I can take my complaint. Any ideas?

They do not promote themselves as a destination of last resort for passenger complaints but this is taken from the ORR website:

'We also have consumer protection powers under which we will consider complaints after other avenues have failed to resolve the problem and when there is evidence of collective consumer harm. If you are considering making a complaint to us, please see the guidance on our consumer issues page'

You could argue that collective consumer harm is likely to arise where there is no information co-ordination between a TOC and NRE.

Another way would be to write to your MP asking for help, with an overt copy to the TOC CEO. But you make no friends at the TOC that way - they hate it.

You may or may not feel that any of this is out of proportion to your issue.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.