Can staff travel be issued to parent if they live at same address

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by WarJan, 12 Jun 2019.

1. WarJan

WarJan Member

Hi

I understand staff travel are very strict with staff travel and is only permitted for spouse or children or housekeepers however do you think ( to save me from wasting their time) that they would consider allowing my parents or just one parent to have their own staff passes as spouses do. Only reason is, I live with parents so am wondering if atoc would consider giving parents staff passes as I live at their address.

Regards

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

Only way I have heard of it working is by classing someone as a "housekeeper"

4. Haywain

Haywain Established Member

I think there is absolutely no chance. And I don't think they would accept a housekeeper as being related either.

5. Jonfun

Jonfun Established Member

Even trying to add a partner is made difficult; I'm afraid I dont think you stand much chance of adding someone outside the scheme rules.

6. infobleep

infobleep Established Member

Are housekeepers permitted? Seems old fashioned.

7. Andrew1395

Andrew1395 Member

The housekeeper privileges is indeed an old fashioned hang over from a past age. But that's one of the things when old rules are preserved. If it was modernised then the rule would probably be abolished rather than evolved into "any adult you wish to nominate"

8. infobleep

How fascinating. Although I'm sure the figures wouldn't be publicly avilable, be interesting to know how many housekeepers are on the scheme.
    If someone paid a parent to be thier housekeeper would that work?

9. BluePenguin

BluePenguin On Moderation

Well, I am sure that there are many non-working-class/well-paid staff who employ staff to look after their house/children. In more modern times, would an au pair count perhaps? Technically their roles do include house keeping.

10. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Veteran Member

It would be less expensive to simply buy undiscounted tickets.

11. Haywain

Haywain Established Member

Amending my earlier comment, a housekeeper does have to be related. However, the criteria to qualify for a staff travel pass are quite onerous and the OP doesn't meet them. Full details on the RDG Rail Staff travel website.

12. infobleep

Although not always the eaosst to follow and understand when you first read it, here are the terms and conditions on Housekeepers. I didn't notice abgthijng in the CAQ when I skimmed through that.
    https://www.raildeliverygroup.com/rst/eligibility.html#thk