• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can you get refunds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Established Member
...on rail rovers if you get delayed? If so, what are you entilted to?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Yes. I have claimed one from Anglia before. Just get a claim for as per normal and send a copy of the ticket.

Jim

Established Member
Joe H said:
How do you mean delayed? Under what circumstances?
Well if you are say more than 1hr late on a paticular journey

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Jim said:
Well if you are say more than 1hr late on a paticular journey
For what reason?

I doubt it, especially if it's a period rover, which are counted as season tickets.

What was the rover exactly, and it's cost?

Table 52

I think in an exceptional case you could be considered for some sort of compensation, but I doubt it would be anywhere near the value of your rover. Write a real sob story to the toc and who knows, you might get some pretty green rail vouchers!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Some of the situation under which compensation can be given is quite stupid, for a lot of delays, I simply wouldn't bother claiming (unless I'm short of money :p), as such delays happen on other modes of transport, where you aren't entitled to a refund. Yet a problem that happenned to me the other day was when Chiltern Railways ran a 2-car train on the first service after 1700 heading out of Birmingham. The train was so full I could not actually fit on, resulting in an arrival at my end destination over 50 mins late - Chiltern wrote back saying to me that they do not have to give a refund for such circumstances, even though in this case, the delay was caused by the TOC's incompetence rather than an "accident" involving signal failure, train failure, etc.

AlexS

Established Member
I got a free telford to codsall rail ticket out of arriva after their shagged 158 died in the heat at Wellington station blocking all traffic for approx 95 minutes.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hmm. I've written off to ATW to complain about the delays they caused me when they cancelled, due to an overheating engine in 153313, the 1538 Llandrindod Wells - Swansea HoW train. I was on a rover at this time, and the only thing I've heard back so far is a letter acknowledging receipt of the form and they will contact me shortly. This was a few weeks ago now, so tomorrow I will make it my mission to contact them and ask them what they are doing. I want my £19.80 back, or some amount of it!

I did get £24 in vouchers back from FGW this morning, which I was happy about. Two more due to come back yet, then I might be off on my Freedom of the North West rover soon! Failing that a hellfire run to Manchester for a massive number crunching spree!

Status
Not open for further replies.