• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can you tell if a service is going to be strengthened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
Is there any way of telling if a service tomorrow has been strengthened?

Tiger.iris will might tell you the number of coaches on the day, but not for all stations.
Apart from that not much

Eric

Tiger.iris will might tell you the number of coaches on the day, but not for all stations.
Apart from that not much

It's the first Bradford to Manchester train at 8.41am.

My brother and some of his rugby friends have persuaded me to go watch the rugby but when buying the tickets at Bradford this afternoon the ticket office man said they'd already sold a lot of tickets for this train as it's Pakistan vs India in the cricket at Old Trafford so expect to stand.

I have a horrible feeling a 150 or 142 will roll down the hill and they'll be a mad scramble to get on it.

I hope Northern strengthen trains to Manchester tomorrow.

Darandio

Established Member
I have a horrible feeling a 150 or 142 will roll down the hill and they'll be a mad scramble to get on it.

It's Sunday, nothing might turn up at all!

6Gman

Established Member
It's India v Pakistan in Manchester.

If nobody at Northern has considered the possibility that some extra capacity will be needed (and shouldn't be difficult to resource on a Sunday morning) then backsides need to be kicked.

Hard.

But ... in 2019 ... Northern ...

Bovverboy

Established Member
It's Sunday, nothing might turn up at all!

The last couple of Sundays, services on the west side of Northern's network have been reasonably reliable (consequent upon the effect of the rest day working agreement). East side services have not been affected as much by driver shortage.

Bovverboy

Established Member

My brother and some of his rugby friends have persuaded me to go watch the rugby but when buying the tickets at Bradford this afternoon the ticket office man said they'd already sold a lot of tickets for this train as it's Pakistan vs India in the cricket at Old Trafford so expect to stand.

If you don't need to be at Leigh until 15.00, why not travel a little later?

dk1

Veteran Member
If it's GA then not a hope in hell. The way things are on the DMU/37 front, passengers should think themselves lucky if they get a 153v170 3-car. Got to be better than a bus I suppose :lol:

Bovverboy

Established Member

I see that Bradford Bulls lost 20-52. How did the train journey go?

Status
Not open for further replies.