• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cancelled St Ives Branch trains 21:45 14/10/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hi all,

First post on here.

Just like to inform you that the 21:45 St Erth to St. Ives, and the 22:00 St.Ives to Penzance have both been cancelled due to "a train failure".

I assume that the 21:30 St Ives to St Erth has also been cancelled, as It is still showing up "No Report", at time of writing this, at 21:40.

Info taken from the Nationalrail website, www.nationalrail.co.uk, and Wessex Trains, for the reason why- www.wessextrains.co.uk .

Kind Regards
Ian

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

and you think a we-suck trains faliure is news? :lol:

and day without one, now thats news!

jd

Wessex have done better things with their 150s than Central Trains have!

Welcome to the forum, voyager dude.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Thanks for your reply JD, I must say that I enjoy riding on Wessex Trains 150s. That's compared to the only type of train that I really hate- the class 142/3/4s. I have to travel on one from Bristol Temple M to Highbridge when I visit my Grandma, & coming from Preston on a lovely Voyager in first class, and going on to a crappy 143 is a massively bad change!

I don't get Simming's reply though, as I was just reporting something I spotted on the nationalrail website. :?

Ian

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Welcome to RailUK, Ian. :)

Simming lives in that area and I think he's trying to say it's such a common problem there's no point reporting it! But, to be honest, there are so many delays/cancellations (although most trains do of course run perfectly fine) in a day (with thousands of trains per day you're going to get some cancellations), unless it's something pretty major or unusual, there's not too much point in reporting minor delays.

jd

It appears there was just a misunderstanding, however as Yorkie said, there are bound to be a few cancellations every day, they're nothing really interesting, and TBH (=to be honest), unless there's something of interest in the news, people aren't really bothered!. ;) (And if you tried that with Central Trains' services, you wouldn't be able to type fast enough to post them all!)

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Thanks to Simming & JD for the replies.

No problem Simming, you didn't offend me etc at all. :)

I know what you mean JD about CT though, because every time I see one on nationalrail, it's often delayed or cancelled all together.

Virgin often gets bad publicity, but CT doesn't get as much, even though CT is probablly worse, considering the average length of a journey on VT.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.