• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cancelled train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brilufc

Good morning

Could anyone advise if I would be entitled to compensation when my train was cancelled? I was due to leave kings cross on the grand central to pontefract monkhill on the 14.48 service. About half an hour before departure the train was cancelled. We was told to board a later lner service to Doncaster where a bus would be waiting to take us onto pontefract.
I decided to board a lner service to wakefield Westgate and get a connecting train back to pontefract as I had to be back for my daughter. If I had gone via Doncaster and the bus offered I would of been back too late for her.
Am I entitled to anything back from grand central? My grand central ticket was valid on the lner service to wakefield I just had to purchase a ticket back to pontefract.
Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JBuchananGB

If you caught the 1433 to Wakefield and arrived Pontefract around 1705, then you were only delayed 13 minutes, no compensation due

paddington

But perhaps you might ask GC to reimburse you for the Wakefield to Pontefract ticket as a customer service gesture?

Haywain

Veteran Member
London to Pontefract is valid via Wakefield (map GU) so there was no need to buy an additional ticket as your ticket was valid
Not sure how that works if the ticket was routed Grand Central only.

Status
Not open for further replies.