• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cannon Fodder

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSlash

Established Member
Alright gang

Anybody know where i can get this game for XP? I downloaded it to my mobile the other night. The mobile version is crap but makes me want to play the proper version again! :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cannon fooder i used to have that on my amiga ive still got the box upstairs somewhere :D

traveller1030

TheSlash said:
Alright gang

Anybody know where i can get this game for XP? I downloaded it to my mobile the other night. The mobile version is rubbish but makes me want to play the proper version again! :lol:

Sing it with me... "War's never been so much fun, war's never been so much fun..." :lol: Haven't played CF for at least 5 years, but what a cracking game, one of my favourites of the early-to-mid '90s.

Where to find it: http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2125

Additionally, you mention 'for XP' - this is the DOS version which you will more-than-likely have to run in some sort of Compatibility mode. I think it's a bit too old to have an XP-native version!

Mine's a pint... :lol:

TheSlash

Established Member
Well i can never work any of this DOS stuff so bang goes that idea. The set.exe just produces a froozen screen and i have to ctrl-alt-del to get rid of it

Tom B

Established Member
Try running it from a cmd window, or check inbult emulation settings.

Failing that, DOS is freely availible on abandonware sites...

TheSlash

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Try running it from a cmd window, or check inbult emulation settings.

Failing that, DOS is freely availible on abandonware sites...
I'm not that keen on computers to know how to do all the first paragraph stuff, and definetly not up for playing about with all this DOS stuff without an expert here to fix it when it goes wrong

Tom B

Established Member
Have you tried running it from a command prompt window? Get into one of these by Start > Run > cmd, then navigate to the directory with the file in, then type its name to execute it.

TheSlash

Established Member
I get the same result, it opens some window that tells me to navigate to my choice with the arrow keys and press return/enter but won't move.

Status
Not open for further replies.