• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cannon Street Disruption 25/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjkerbin

Fairly bad disruption this morning at Cannon Street with reports of a train that failed on the approach to the station due to disruptive passengers. Varying reports on Twitter (so a heavy shovelful of salt is necessary) of a passenger breaking into a train cab and a train horn getting stuck. Whatever it was, it caused a fair bit of delay this morning with my train getting in about 40 late.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Antman

Established Member
Also reports of a passenger being taken ill at Hither Green and over running engineering work at Ashford, typical Monday morning.

fusionblue

I was at London Bridge about to depart P2 to Cannon Street when they suddenly turned the power off ahead and the train stopped after moving about 50m. The driver then had to go back to the rear of the train, reverse it back in to LBG to let most people off, then go back to the front to reverse again back up to Cannon Street. Again.

I got a good nap.

jnjkerbin

I was at London Bridge about to depart P2 to Cannon Street when they suddenly turned the power off ahead and the train stopped after moving about 50m. The driver then had to go back to the rear of the train, reverse it back in to LBG to let most people off, then go back to the front to reverse again back up to Cannon Street. Again.

I got a good nap.
You must have been on the train in front of me. We drew up to the signal right at the start of platform 2 and then sat there for 25 minutes while you carried out your maneuver!

Established Member
Fairly bad disruption this morning at Cannon Street with reports of a train that failed on the approach to the station due to disruptive passengers. Varying reports on Twitter (so a heavy shovelful of salt is necessary) of a passenger breaking into a train cab and a train horn getting stuck. Whatever it was, it caused a fair bit of delay this morning with my train getting in about 40 late.

A disgruntled ex TOC employee barricaded himself into the back cab of a networker, hit the emergency plunger and leaned on the horn until the police dragged him away.

Not a good look!

Status
Not open for further replies.