• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cannot purchase London 1-6 travelcard from Feltham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaii2468

I just tried to purchase a London 1-6 day travelcard from Feltham online( I have tried both southwest train and virgin trains websites), can't buy the super off peak day travelcard for tomorrow(sunday) just because the option for outward trip can't be clicked. Do anyone know the reason for this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Is there a Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard from Feltham? I didn't think the "Super" version exists at that proximity to London, or from within the Zones?

DJ737

G'day

The East Coast website allows this purchase.

One Day Off Peak Travelcard
Origin:Feltham
Destination:London Zones 1-6
Date:sun 22 Jan 2012 Changes:0 Duration:1:02hrs
Valid on off peak services within the zones specified.
£8.50

Is this what you are looking for?

Cheers
DJ737
Melbourne, Australia

hawaii2468

G'day

The East Coast website allows this purchase.

One Day Off Peak Travelcard
Origin:Feltham
Destination:London Zones 1-6
Date:sun 22 Jan 2012 Changes:0 Duration:1:02hrs
Valid on off peak services within the zones specified.
£8.50

Is this what you are looking for?

Cheers
DJ737
Melbourne, Australia

Sorry, I do mean off peak. Yes, that's what I was looking for but I can't work out why this ticket wasn't available in other websites especially the southwest trains? Can I just buy it in the ticket machine while I am not in feltham?

ert47

Is there a Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard from Feltham? I didn't think the "Super" version exists at that proximity to London, or from within the Zones?

I dont think they do exist, its only Peak and Off Peak for journeys wholly within London
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry, I do mean off peak. Yes, that's what I was looking for but I can't work out why this ticket wasn't available in other websites especially the southwest trains? Can I just buy it in the ticket machine while I am not in feltham?

I think its only available from the station. I dont think there is any point to pre-purchasing the ticket in this case since you have to go to the machine anyway to pick it up and Feltham is in zone 6 so it should be one of the first options you will be offered.

Last edited:

hawaii2468

I should have make it clear. I just tried southwest trains again and it's available now without using the network railcard. I wonder is it true that the network railcard is not applicable on the within Zone tickets?

Ivo

Established Member
Ah. That explains a lot. The Network Railcard is subjected to a minimum fare (either £12 or £13 I think), which the ODT from Feltham does not meet, making its use invalid. (I've heard nothing to suggest it is invalid in the Zones otherwise though; surely that would be daft?)

Sorry.

ert47

Ah. That explains a lot. The Network Railcard is subjected to a minimum fare (either £12 or £13 I think), which the ODT from Feltham does not meet, making its use invalid. (I've heard nothing to suggest it is invalid in the Zones otherwise though; surely that would be daft?)

Sorry.

The minimum fare only applies to Mon-Fri travel. The minimum for weekends and bank holidays is £5.30.

Source

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The minimum fare only applies to Mon-Fri travel. The minimum for weekends and bank holidays is £5.30.

Source

Which hasn't been updated since the price rose at the beginning of the month. It's now £5.60. If you really want to buy online beforehand then you can use a WebTIS site like Southeastern. Just enter the railcard details and it will offer the discounted price.

hawaii2468

Source

is this a new rule for the network railcard? This wasn't a minimum fare at weekends and public holidays at all last year. I used to buy £1.9 tickets with my network railcard.

ert47

is this a new rule for the network railcard? This wasn't a minimum fare at weekends and public holidays at all last year. I used to buy £1.9 tickets with my network railcard.

The minimum is applicable to Travelcards, not sure about singles and returns

clagmonster

Established Member
To clarify, during the week a minimum fare of £13.00 applies to all tickets bought with a Network Railcard.
At weekends and public holidays, there is a minimum fare for Travelcards only of £5.60. All other tickets can have the full 33% discount applied, ie your £1.90 discounted ticket is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.