• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Canon, Nikon or other?

Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm or other?

• Canon

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Nikon

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Fuji

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
If you don't mind slow shutter lag then Fuji;'s are Brill!

devon_metro

Established Member
Fuji :p

Beep ;)

I've figured out how to take instant high speed shots now and the quality is fantastic!

T

Tom

Hi Demps.

I bought a new camera recently as my SONY Cybershot DSC-P73 was stolen. I bought a FujiFilm S7000 Zoom. The camera is excellent and is a bargain purchase on amazon.co.uk currently at £199.99. If you click here you can purchase it with some of the revenue going to RailUK to keep up with upkeep of the site.

Tom

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Ive recently bought a Fuji Finepi s5600. Excellent camera

The Gricer

The starting post in this thread said:
Demps said:
This is for the DSLR and pro DSLR's.
I don't know which Fuji people are voting for but Fujifilm only list one SLR model at the moment, the S3 pro, which is based on a Nikon body and is now looking a little dated. None of the models mentioned in later posts are DSLRs.

Frank

T

Tom

The Fujifilm S7000 I consider to be very similar to a DSLR, I have used an SLR myself but I do believe that the S7000 is highly similar.

Demps

yeh, ok sorry i will re phrase it :), it has opnened my eyes to see how many people like the fuji series, unfortunately tom i have my hopes set, that is a canon 30d and grip with 24-70 tokina f2.8, and 70-200 f2.8 possible the f4 cause it is a lot less money. Currently i have a s5000 and am quite impressed aside for some faults it is a great little camera and still superior to the s5500 etc. due to faster car readers :), its also great to stuff in your pocket while on a quick move to a new location (if thats without bag), i heared from two photters i met that the s9000 is also a good camera.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
i heared from two photters i met that the s9000 is also a good camera

Ticketman uses this camera and I believe Dennis does as well. The specs of it was very good but a bit out of my price range

The Gricer

Tom said:
The Fujifilm S7000 I consider to be very similar to a DSLR, I have used an SLR myself but I do believe that the S7000 is highly similar.
Similar in style perhaps. I agree the S7000 is a good camera and I use one myself, but an SLR it is not. It has an electronic viewfinder, whereas an SLR by definition has an optical 'through the lens' viewfinder via a mirror and prism, the mirror moving out of the way of the CCD when a picture is taken. Nearly all SLRs also have interchangable lenses whereas of course the S7000 doesn't.

Frank

rmt

I'm stepping up to DSLR again shortly, I've always been a Nikon man, and will be again. Its just that I've not had chance to use my old SLR's recently.

theblackwatch

Established Member
I go for Canon - I currently use an EOS300D which is around 18 months old now. Chose it as I got a good deal, but the thing that swung it was theat the lenses from my old Canon film SLR (28-80 and 80-200mm) fitted it, giving me another 2 lenses without any additional outlay.

TicketMan

matt said:
Ticketman uses this camera and I believe Dennis does as well. The specs of it was very good but a bit out of my price range

I b****y well do not - S9000 is for peasants - I use the S9500 :-P :D :D :D

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
TicketMan said:
I b****y well do not - S9000 is for peasants - I use the S9500 :-P :D :D :D

Lol. I was close :-P

ChrisM

matt said:
Lol. I was close :-P
Closer then close as they are both the same camera.
Different codes for different countries s9000 US and s9500 for UK and Europe.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Ah similar to mine being an S5600 in the UK but S5200 in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.