• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Capenhurst to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Hi it seems I am off to London again and I am wondering what are the cheapest options for travel tomorrow (Saturday 30th June) from Capenhurst to London at any time preferably before 8 in the morning but anything arriving before 10:30 will be fine. I don't mind split ticketing either

Any help would be very much appreciated and hopefully I wont suffer the same misfortune with virgin two weeks ago.(!)

Thanks very much

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Any acceptable price range? Railcards? Single/Return (same day)?

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Yes sorry,forgot to write extra information.
Family and friends railcard,return late Sunday.
Price, cheap as possible really travelling with virgin.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
How many are travelling? I assume with kids?

Can you get to Chester for the 0422?

Edit:

If you can get to Chester for the 0422 then there are some decent fares via Birmingham New Street. For one adult and one child on a FAM, the total price is £22.55 on the 0422 from Chester arriving Euston at 0738. Return, also via Birmingham, costs £29.30, for the 1938 from Euston, changing at New Street, Crewe and Chester, getting back to Capenhurst at 2309 Sunday night.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
How many are travelling? I assume with kids?

Can you get to Chester for the 0422?

Edit:

If you can get to Chester for the 0422 then there are some decent fares via Birmingham New Street. For one adult and one child on a FAM, the total price is £22.55 on the 0422 from Chester arriving Euston at 0738. Return, also via Birmingham, costs £29.30, for the 1938 from Euston, changing at New Street, Crewe and Chester, getting back to Capenhurst at 2309 Sunday night.

Sorry, I am the kid lol 1 adult 1child

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
That would be 30 June!

#don'twishyourlifeaway

I did not spot that, given that my attention was on the bold part. :D

Sorry, I am the kid lol 1 adult 1child

See my edit in the post above. Not much more time left if you want to get an Advance fare.

The Off-Peak Return for one adult and one child with FAM discount is £63.10 in total so the saving is not that big.

Alternatively you can get an Off-Peak Return between Capenhurst and Birmingham Stations, costing £26.10 for one adult and one child with FAM, and then either travel with LM to London Euston, costing £17 for a Super Off-Peak Return Route London Midland Only, or using Chiltern into London Paddington, costing £21.25 for a Super Off-Peak Return Route Via High Wycombe for the two of you. However either LM or Chiltern will take at least an hour longer than Virgin.

You won't be able to arrive into London before 1030 if you want to catch your train at Capenhurst and use either LM or Chiltern. The first arrival into London not using Virgin between Birmingham and London would be the 0612 from Capenhurst, changing at Chester and Crewe, arriving Birmingham New Street at 0817, then onto the 0833 LM service from New Street, arriving London Euston at 1049.

Your return would be either the 1713 Sunday night from Euston, direct to New Street using LM arriving 1958, then onto the 2020, changing at Crewe and Chester, arriving Capenhurst at 2209, or you have an option for the same itinerary one hour later at 1813, arriving Capenhurst at 2309.

Edit:

In fact, if you are going to travel LM anyway then I think you might as well use the Super Off-Peak Return Route London Midland Only between Liverpool and London. This costs £22.55 for the two of you and allows you to get the 0704 from Lime Street, changing at Stafford and arriving at London Euston at 1049. The last return journey Sunday afternoon is the 1650 from Euston, changing at Crewe and arrive back at Lime Street at 2115.

You will in addition need an Anytime Day Single each way for both days, costing £5.30 on Saturday and £5.30 on Sunday. This allows you to get the 0604 from Capenhurst Saturday morning into Liverpool, and back Sunday night on the 2143 from Lime Street.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Thanks guys for help, but i'm really sorry and ****ed up here I need tickets for travel after 11am tomorrow. really sorry guys. (The return is the same as normal)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Anytime Day singles are valid at any time.

Super Off Peak Returns are valid at any time on weekends as they are time restricted on weekdays only.

So it's fine to leave at any time you want on the days you are travelling.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
My advice does not change. The only reasonably-priced Advance fares left on Virgin are the ones I mentioned earlier from Chester. If you can't make that one (assuming it has not yet been snapped up), I cannot see any decent prices left for travel with Virgin, either direct or via Birmingham.

All the other tickets, as yorkie has pointed out, have no time restrictions on Saturdays and Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.