• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caption Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
BUS.jpg

Yet more outstanding efficiency by First....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
In an attempt to alleviate overcrowding, First put people off travelling by organising a hi-vi convention in the middle of the road during peak time.

Simming

"The lesser spotted bus driver are found in groups of over 5 when not in the safty of the mess room. however for this clan, they have been targetted by they're biggest pray, the bus, which could mean possible work for at least one of them"

bunnahabhain

Established Member
First - Transforming Travel

The new walking bus, coming soon to a street near you. Guaranteed to save money.

Coxster

Established Member
Fed up of driving pink buses, the drivers hijack a bus to get to the Kelly Recruitment Centre (green building) and park it on a crossing in the hope that a group of youths will take it away.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Determined not to let an engine failure defeat them, First arranges for a team of spare drivers to push the bus around it's route for the rest of the day.

H

HR2

"Well I'm telling you it had an engine when we left the garage"

David

Established Member
I'm telling you, my shift finished 5 minutes ago. You'll have to get a relief driver out here.....

beermaddavep

"Hero driver saves high street"

A bus driver today saved the high street from potential disaster by preventing a number 9 bus from rolling backwards into the nearest illegally parked car.

Explained the driver 'the wooden chock that firstgroup normally use to prevent our buses rolling backwards had been eaten by woodworm at the depot whilst waiting for up to date timetables to be printed. As I left the bus to pick up a pound coin I had seen on the pavement (so that I could give my kids their dinner money out of the disgraceful wages first pay me) I noticed that the bus was moving backwards and grabbed the door stanchion and just held on. It was all in the line of duty and to be honest better than driving a school run'.
After a couple of hours braving the risks of sanctimonious cyclists and 17 year old gits in souped up peugeot 106s on the way to buy clearasil more drivers(whose own buses had been cancelled due to rebranding or breakdowns) arrived.Our driver refused any help, saying 'its a marshall,its built out of old coke cans,cereal packets and carpet offcuts so its quite light really'
A new wooden chock was later found and the bus was last seen being stripped of valuables by the local pikeys.
Our unnamed driver then left to complete the remaining 19 hours of his shift.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
beermaddavep said:

A bus driver today saved the high street from potential disaster by preventing a number 9 bus from rolling backwards into the nearest illegally parked car.

Explained the driver 'the wooden chock that firstgroup normally use to prevent our buses rolling backwards had been eaten by woodworm at the depot whilst waiting for up to date timetables to be printed. As I left the bus to pick up a pound coin I had seen on the pavement (so that I could give my kids their dinner money out of the disgraceful wages first pay me) I noticed that the bus was moving backwards and grabbed the door stanchion and just held on. It was all in the line of duty and to be honest better than driving a school run'.
After a couple of hours braving the risks of sanctimonious cyclists and 17 year old gits in souped up peugeot 106s on the way to buy clearasil more drivers(whose own buses had been cancelled due to rebranding or breakdowns) arrived.Our driver refused any help, saying 'its a marshall,its built out of old coke cans,cereal packets and carpet offcuts so its quite light really'
A new wooden chock was later found and the bus was last seen being stripped of valuables by the local pikeys.
Brilliant! :lol:

H

HR2

beermaddavep said:

Lovely stuff. It's YOU who ought to write a book!

Status
Not open for further replies.