• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Car parking at Warwick Parkway Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg1

Established Member
Are there any regular users of this station who could tell me if there are usually spaces available at around 10.30am on a weekday?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzug2

Are there any regular users of this station who could tell me if there are usually spaces available at around 10.30am on a weekday?

Thanks

On a recent Friday I had no problems at 0930 - and the overflow car park the other side of the road was almost empty.

But generalising from a single instance can be risky:) And you are just that little bit later

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
You should be okay, the car park is generally busy so you will almost certainly be parking in one of the overflows by that time of day but you should get a spot. That said, the days when the car park looks full to bursting by 9am are becoming more frequent since Evergreen 3 (I'd love to see the year on year growth of passenger numbers) and if the West Coast is down for any reason then you can forget about it. It seems that Warwick Parkway gets used as an alternative by people who usually travel from Birmingham International and Coventry when things go wrong. Personally I think the station will need a multi storey car park within a year or two. But you should be okay.

Clip

Established Member
Personally I think the station will need a multi storey car park within a year or two. But you should be okay.

Shouldnt be too difficult for that. They have already had success at Haddenham and Beaconsfield with erecting mulit stories whilst keeping the existing car park open.

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
Happening this July/August it seems. An fourth overflow is being constructed behind the third overflow at this very moment and that is going to add 150+ spaces to the station. I suspect it will be a fairly basic extension like the third overflow was, as the main car park is getting a second deck this summer.
Apparently only one floor can be built due to environmental reasons so it could be a huge upper floor spanning from the edge of the car park where the A46 passes by all the way over to the station buildings.
I guess the new extension will provide capacity that works for the upper deck on the main section will remove during construction. Whether they will fill up with extra passengers over time remains to be seen, but for the time being lots of people will appreciate the much shorter walk from car to platform!

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Something like +22% since the new timetable last year,and further improvements planned for the next TT ...

The Planner

Veteran Member
Depends if you call improvements tweaking what is slightly less than robust now !

Status
Not open for further replies.