• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cardiff - Glasgow via Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM2

Established Member
Hi all,
Trying to help an American friend who's coming over for a vist.
She's leaving Cardiff on 6th August (time not specified), overnight break in Newcastle and then on to Glasgow the next day.
Would you say a £135.50 Anytime single is the best bet, if I don't want to confuse her too much with splits? No railcards applicable, by the way.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lyndhurst25

Established Member
Hi all,
Trying to help an American friend who's coming over for a vist.
She's leaving Cardiff on 6th August (time not specified), overnight break in Newcastle and then on to Glasgow the next day.
Would you say a £135.50 Anytime single is the best bet, if I don't want to confuse her too much with splits? No railcards applicable, by the way.

I'm not saying that it's the cheapest option but for $199 (about £128) she could get a 3-day BritRail pass (like an All Line Rover for visitors from overseas).

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Ah thanks! Don't think she'd seen that as she said a pass was over £500.

BritRail passes are available for various lengths. For £500 you're probably looking at something valid for 2 weeks.

My last 3-day continuous All Britain BritRail Rover cost €149.

Status
Not open for further replies.