• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cardiff, Newport Gwent & Bristol, Class 31, 37 & 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Reminds me of 27th August - a day that will long be remembered by enthusiasts who were in that part of the country!

Are there any footex or rugex's to Cardiff on any of the remaining 5 Saturdays of loco haulage on the Rhymney line?

Dennis

Established Member
Good to see 60007 (James Bond!!) there. I was surrounded by young ladies exchanging views on personal trainers, colonic irrigation and stuff like that between BTM and Cardiff - quite educational. Certainly put me off all this 'lifestyle' guff.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Getting on a HST in Cardiff, all these people got off, and other people started boarding, but there was one woman that got stuck behind with everyone boarding, so I let her off before I got on and she said "Thanks very much, what a gentleman, you must be English." :lol:

Not too sure about that Yorkie, it's a shame something isn't being arranged by Arriva for those coming from the north, maybe it would cost too much money to arrange an extra loco-hauled train early in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.