• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cardiff to London on Bank Holiday Monday - busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tannedfrog

I think the frequency of trains has reduced by half because of the strike, would you expect this to mean only people with reservations are allowed to board the train at Cardiff in the afternoon / evening?

If not is it likely to be standing room only and will they be doing a first class weekend upgrade?

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hulabaloo

From my experience during the last strike, it put a lot of people off attempting to travel and the trains were quite empty (off peak).

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Many people opt not to travel when there is industrial action, as I've found out several times when making a journey myself and finding that the trains have been fairly empty.

I expect it will be exactly the same on Monday, with the added bonus that there will be even fewer people travelling for work purposes, being as it's a bank holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.