• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cards with Blue envelopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Always wondered why Cards, Birthday, Occasions etc are often accompanied by a blue envelope. Don't the producers of these items not realise the difficulty of addressing them so the address clearly stands out and easy to read. I avoid buying such cards.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaleCooper

Established Member
Always wondered why Cards, Birthday, Occasions etc are often accompanied by a blue envelope. Don't the producers of these items not realise the difficulty of addressing them so the address clearly stands out and easy to read. I avoid buying such cards.

Life's a bitch, ain't it?

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I have seen a few blue envelopes with birthday cards. Usually a pale / sky / cobalt blue.

me123

Established Member
Always wondered why Cards, Birthday, Occasions etc are often accompanied by a blue envelope.

What kind of sick, twisted b****** would do such a thing?

Don't the producers of these items not realise the difficulty of addressing them so the address clearly stands out and easy to read.

They've obviously haven't experienced first hand the trauma that their actions cause. Shame on them.

I avoid buying such cards.

Good on you, fight the man!

DaleCooper

Established Member

It's a conspiracy orchestrated by the manufacturers of red ink. Something must be done!

Harbornite

Established Member
Here's my advice: if you don't like blue envelopes, buy white ones.

Harbornite

Established Member
It's a conspiracy orchestrated by the manufacturers of red ink. Something must be done!

I blame the zionist blairite shapeshifting martian Saxe-coburg lizard people with their thought control powers...

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I avoid red envelopes, because they say 'I bought this card in Card Factory on their 26 cards for £1 offer' even though I probably paid £2.50 for it in WH Smug's and had to endure their useless so-called self-service machine in order to do so!

DaleCooper

Established Member
I avoid red envelopes, because they say 'I bought this card in Card Factory on their 26 cards for £1 offer' even though I probably paid £2.50 for it in WH Smug's and had to endure their useless so-called self-service machine in order to do so!

I avoid red envelopes because my company, Saxe-Coburg (Mars) Ltd., is the world's largest manufacturer of red ink - oops, what a giveaway!

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The ridicule is quite unnecessary. It's a valid question.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Coloured envelopes are a PITA in the post. In a past life my job was in the sorting office, where we had to look at scanned photos of envelopes and key in the postcode. Black ink on blue or red envelopes was unreadable.

Cards come in a vast array of colours, normally because they're jaunty.

dgl

Established Member
Best solution is one of the cheap brother thermal labelling machines (QL series). compatible rolls are cheap and saves faffing around with labels in a standard printer.

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Established Member
If I ever buy a card with a blue envelope I use a different coloured pen.

DaleCooper

Established Member
If I ever buy a card with a blue envelope I use a different coloured pen.

You just have to complicate things don't you? Much simpler to buy a thermal labelling machine that you'll use once or twice a year.

Best solution is one of the cheap brother thermal labelling machines (QL series). compatible rolls are cheap and saves faffing around with labels in a standard printer.

Millisle

Blue was more or less the standard colour of stationery for personal correspondence probably until 20-25 years ago, generally a pale shade. All the dark colours used for envelopes of current cards are inconvenient and are focused on aesthetics rather than usefulness, as are the plasticised surfaces that make both card and envelope hard to write on for an old timer who normally only uses a fountain pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.