• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Career as a Mobile Ops Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

PW101071

Hi LoM’s/MoM’s,

Im currently a Team Leader but looking ahead i think I’d enjoy The MoM role.

Any pointers to how I’d progress on this career path? What qualities skills and Knowledge is required for the position?

Ive arranged to have a few days out with a few of the local MoM’s to learn abit more but my main concern is that more and more MoM’s are grad entrants. I’m obviously not a graduate with a Uni background, could this be a stumbling block?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TRain87

Moms aren't necessarily grads, more and more MOMs are coming from within the railway industry...signallers, pway, BTP

If anything I'd say it was LOMS who are fast tracked from grads.

Mom jobs are very sought after, and my understanding, is you need some sort of signalling experience, believe it even says on the application now. MOM positions don't even go external

headshot119

Established Member
Moms aren't necessarily grads, more and more MOMs are coming from within the railway industry...signallers, pway, BTP

Mom jobs are very sought after, and my understanding, is you need some sort of signalling experience, believe it even says on the application now. MOM positions don't even go external

Signalling > MOM is certainly a very well trodden path, and seems to be how most people get into the role. Though I do know of people that have come from the maintenance side having got in.

They are a sought after position, and relative to the number of signaller jobs in a particular area, there won't be many MOM jobs.

Stigy

Established Member

They’ve advertised a few externally in recent months. I’m led to believe they are increasing the current establishment? Certainly on the Wessex route.

Status
Not open for further replies.