• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Career options and promotion as a operative (track maintenance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzly18

I was wondering what the career progression options are if you are to become a track maintenance operative? Can you move up, or become a signaller or train driver?
Would really appreciate some information, thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TomBoyd

Within Network Rail (which I presume is who the job is with) the progression options are excellent.

Though we obviously don't have train drivers, becoming a signaller is much easier from within the company than if you were outside. There are also opportunities in Signalling and Telecoms, or as a Mobile Ops Manager, and a thousand more things besides.

Darbs

Yes definitely lots of further career options. I spent 28 years on the track before moving into signalling. Track work is hard, can be a headache and frustrating! But I enjoyed it, made a lot of good mates, learnt lots, had so many skills. I would recommend it to anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.