• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Carisle, OK to spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richmond

Anyone ever had any trouble at carisle overnight as I am planning a trip soon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi, I've not had any trouble when I've done an overnighter there before, the local stoats can get a bit agitated if you forget to turn your flash off but apart from that its an alright place to go. :)

Cheers, 37372

AJP

Hi, I've not had any trouble when I've done an overnighter there before, the local stoats can get a bit agitated if you forget to turn your flash off but apart from that its an alright place to go. :)

Cheers, 37372

:lol: Make sure flash isnt on by mistake! They go crazy ROFL!!

I have done about 7 allnighters there and no problems :D

Jordy

Established Member
I think what AJP is referring to is the green light on the front of his camera which lights up when it focuses, which the locals ;))) mistook for a flash light.

:lol:

Jordy

T

Tom

On the lower-spec cameras - it's impossible to turn off that particular light...

Also, on some camera's the flash setting is on as a default setting which can easily be forgotten about until the shutter button has been pressed...

Cheers, 37372

Richmond

Its alright guys, never use the flash for railway photography, I use a 5 million candle torch which I shine on the trains instead:blackeye:

Just joking

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Just don't make a mess by leaving your stuff by the benches or an agitated Virgin Trains Train Manager woman will have ago and complain that it doesn't look pleasing to "her" customers stepping off the First ScotRail sleeper trains EVEN THOUGH there is an area of platform where there is a ton of bird sh!te everywhere.

The moral of the story? You can sh!te all over the platforms but just don't leave your bags lying around! :glasses8:

Status
Not open for further replies.