• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Carlisle Drivers - Northern Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish_rail

Established Member
Hi, friend back home is seriously looking at this depot, but can anyone tell me what routes and traction Carlisle men work, and what the link structure is?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

driver9000

Established Member
Former ATN depot so comes under 'east' conditions. 35hrs, 5 days, Sundays inside. Not sure what the rest day pattern is like but it won't be the rolling 3 week cycle at west depots.

Routes:

Carlisle-Newcastle via Tyne Valley.
Carlisle-Leeds via Settle.
Carlisle-Dumfries.

Traction: 142,153,156 and 158.

Last edited:

TOCDriver

They did at one time as far as Workington but not for a several years. Coast is covered by Barrow and Workington (both west depots).

Northern are not exactly known for their common sense approach to assigning route working to particular depots. Many a time a service has been cancelled between Carlisle and Coast routes as far as Barrow for whatever reason. Carlisle depot could easily accommodate work to Barrow on top of their present cards

Starmill

Veteran Member
The Carlisle guards I have met are all very chirpy, incredibly friendly and seemingly happy bunch up there. Somewhat different sadly to what you get down in Leeds! I too was surprised they don't sign the coast... at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.