• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Carlisle- London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheds

Hello there

A challenge for someone: I need to go up and down in a day from Carlisle to London on 9 July Mpnday and can find almost no advance fares. There is an off peak single at 51.55 (total 103.10). I can play round with a couple of splits on the Northern bit but struggle south of, say, Warrington.

Ideally 0807 from Carlisle (but would get the 0949 if it makes a big difference being after 0930) and 1930 back from Euston. 2 Adults, no railcards, no concessions.

Sny suggestions? Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Are you happy to travel any earlier?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Cheds

Yes, happy to travel earlier but not the 0543!

Someone made an edited out comment about flying as well - not a bad call, but where I'm going is the 'wrong' side of London from Luton - but thanks anyway.

sonic2009

Established Member
Yes, happy to travel earlier but not the 0543!

Someone made an edited out comment about flying as well - not a bad call, but where I'm going is the 'wrong' side of London from Luton - but thanks anyway.

Where is your actual end destination?

sonic2009

Established Member
The best i can recommend to you is the SVR Carlisle - Wimbledon route : + ANY PERMITTED at £107.70 per adult.

This ticket carries restriction 3A so would be valid on trains timed to arrive in to London Euston before 0430 and at or after 1005.

Status
Not open for further replies.