• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Carlisle to Chapel en le Frith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapeltom

Established Member
Due to a few problems with weather, I need to get from Carlisle to Chapel en le Frith or Chinley tomorrow.

I'm on my phone so can't help myself so much. Cheapest way possible please without using advances, will go via any route. 2 adults, 1 Y-P railcard.

Thank you in advance

Tom

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cuccir

Established Member
Cleared first post, advice was wrong, quoted wrong price
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As you'll know as a regular, we can't promise the cheapest but will look for fares which are cheaper

Apologies for my above post - I misread a couple of things so my advice was all over the place!

Anytime single is £88 from Carlisle-Chapel for 1 person + 1 16-25 railcard person.

Prices for two people, coming to £64.40:

Carlisle to Preston Off-Peak Day Single: £34.55
Preston to Manchester DUO Return £16.05*
Manchester to Chapel DUO Return £13.80

* Can someone confirm - I think that this is only available on Northern Rail trains for this route?

Last edited:

calc7

Established Member
Could consider Carlisle - Leeds route Appleby and then a cheap way to CEF or CLY from there.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
* Can someone confirm - I think that this is only available on Northern Rail trains for this route?

Northern Duo is a discount, and the ticket is Route Any Permitted, so is perfectly valid on TPE services.

Status
Not open for further replies.