• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Carlisle - Tywyn (Split Ticketing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns20

I'm travelling on Friday 3rd August from Carlisle to Tywyn returning on Sunday 5th August.

Splitting tickets at Preston I have got the return fare down to £55.45 with a YP Railcard.

Can anyone beat this with further splits I may have looked over?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
I'm travelling on Friday 3rd August from Carlisle to Tywyn returning on Sunday 5th August.

Splitting tickets at Preston I have got the return fare down to £55.45 with a YP Railcard.

Can anyone beat this with further splits I may have looked over?

Not by much. You could split at Oxenholme and Preston for £53.35

John @ home

Established Member

Can anyone beat this
An additional split at Oxenholme saves a little but adds the inconvenience of having to take trains which stop at Oxenholme in both directions.

CARLISLE - OXENHOLME LAKE D route ANY PERMITTED Railcard Off-Peak Return (SVR) £9.85 2T
OXENHOLME LAKE D - PRESTON LANCS route ANY PERMITTED Railcard SVR £11.30 2T
PRESTON LANCS - TYWYN route ANY PERMITTED Railcard SVR £32.30 2T
Total £53.45

Status
Not open for further replies.