• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Carnet Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky_star

Hello,

I bought a carnet of 10 tickets on FCC this morning as I go into London occasionally for work, between Hitchin & London, yet I am unsure whether I could use them in the opposite direction (i.e. from London Kings Cross to Hitchin)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ess

Yes you can. And don't forget FCC trains to London Terminals are valid to Moorgate via the tube too

DarloRich

Veteran Member
As an aside i have always thought that carnet type tickets are a sensible approach to business travel. I had a GC one in a previous life and it saved a good deal of money on travel to London.

PTF62

And also don't forget that you can mix and match a peak and off peak carnet ticket.

So if you travel in during the peak and return home off peak, you could use a peak carnet ticket in the morning and an off peak in the evening. Or vice versa if you travel in late and return early.

Obviously you would need to buy a book of both, and ensure you were going to use them within the time limit.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Virgin also - they are called "Take 10" and are available from stations like Birmingham and Manchester to London Terminals, and also Zone U1. They are not very good value though; only 10% less than the price of an anytime single.

Dave A

I believe Chiltern and Gatwick Express do, possibly Heathrow Express but im not totally sure.

Yep, Heathrow Express do. 12, for the price of 10/11 (roughly) at ticket office fares. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.