• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Carnforth Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hi all,

Taken from the Nationalrail website:

Fatality near to Carnforth

Time Reported: 19:21
Route Affected: Manchester Piccadilly–Preston–Lancaster–Oxenholme / Carnforth-Barrow-in-Furness; Carlisle-Oxenholme Lake District-Crewe-London Euston/Birmingham New Street
TOC/s Affected: Northern Rail, Transpennine Express, Virgin Trains
Description: Services in the Carnforth area are being disrupted due to a fatality.

At present, all trains are stood.

It is not known how long how this disruption will last for.
Updates: 19:52 Trains from the Preston direction are currently terminating at Lancaster, and those from the Carlisle direction are terminating at Oxenholme. Replacement buses will run between Lancaster and Oxenholme.

Services between Oxenholme and Windermere have been suspended for the rest of today and a replacement bus service will operate.

Any diversions via the S&C by anychance tonight?

Many thanks for replies.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
TPE service on the down involved apparently so presume a 175.

Doubt they'll bother with S&C just stop the lot and run the empties when its been cleared or even first thing tomorrow.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Thanks for your reply 87015.

I made that assumption about the possible 175 myself, but wasn't quite sure.

I also know that the S&C line is rarely used in times like this, because of the longer journey time, and possible re-opening of the WCML whilst a train is slowly going along the S&C.

I wonder how many 57's are near the Preston to Carlisle stretch of the WCML? I know that there's sometimes 1 in the n/b bay by platform 3 at Preston.

Are the 57's having any problems coupling up with 390's, on weekend drags still? I remember that the 57 sent to rescue the Rugby broken down windscreen wiper 390 failed couldn't do.

1D53

Established Member
Not a good day for TPE - one down at Garforth (between Leeds - York) yesterday as well.

Maybe the first 185 fatality :(

Status
Not open for further replies.