• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caroline Aherne dead at 52.

Status
Not open for further replies.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
The comedian and Actress Caroline Aherne has died at the age of 52 after losing her right against lung cancer. Article from BBC here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36694598

Comedy writer and actress Caroline Aherne has died at the age of 52.
Aherne, star and writer of The Royle Family and The Mrs Merton Show, had suffered from cancer, her publicist said.
The actress said two years ago that she had been diagnosed with lung cancer, having previously had bladder and eye cancer.
Aherne was also the narrator of Gogglebox and appeared in The Fast Show.
Her publicist Neil Reading said on Saturday: "Caroline Aherne has sadly passed away, after a brave battle with cancer.
"The Bafta award-winning writer and comedy actor died earlier today at her home in Timperley, Greater Manchester. She was 52.
"The family ask for privacy at this very sad time."

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Beat me to it. Very sad news. RIP.

She was great.

Here she is in The Fast Show as Chanel 9's Paula Fisch:
[youtube]kZMUAd7OJc8[/youtube]

Harbornite

Established Member
A real shame, I remember her in the Royle family (I only found out today she was one of the writers)

Status
Not open for further replies.