• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Carousel Buses, High Wycombe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolvercoter

Evening everyone.
Just noticed on Traveline that all the Carousel Bus routes I looked at were valid until 28th August 2020 only. This includes 1, 36, 40, 101, 102. Any ideas what's going on?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Roger1973

I'm not sure it's a good idea to read too much in to anything on Traveline at the moment.

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious, but bus operators are currently being allowed to change services without the usual notice periods for service registration - initially this emergency relaxation was valid until the end of August, it was later changed to the end of September.

The weekend of 29/30 August, as well as being bank holiday weekend, is the weekend before new school term starts (most schools are intending to start up some time in the following week), and I expect most operators will be putting new timetables in place. There's no hard and fast rule which day of the week new timetables / schedules start, some operators start the week on a Saturday, some on a Sunday, some on a Monday.

There could be something more to it, but most likely explanation is that the current timetables are valid until 28 August, they are expecting new timetables from 29 August but they are not ready to release yet and they want to make this clear.

overthewater

Established Member
The Full service will not return until the schools go back, so in England it would be around that or 4 days later.

Mwanesh

They maybe moving them onto the COMS licence. Only a guess not a fact.

richw

Veteran Member
Wouldn’t read anything into it. Likely means when they put in their timetables they gave an end day For those particular times.
Have likely notified of a new timetable starting the next day

Wolvercoter

I suppose after COMS recent disposal of X90 and Pickmeup, and how the X50 was registered with COMS not Carousel, it got me wondering. Hopefully all will be well and replacements will be registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.