• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

carriage cleaning jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Can't speak for all TOCs but recently there were adverts for carriage cleaning staff on both the First Great Western and South West Trains websites (at Reading and Alton respectively), so I'm guessing those two TOCs do employ all/some of their cleaners rather than using contractors.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Aye - you need to check with the TOCs in your area. An email doesn't hurt. If it's inhouse, then follow their application process when a vacancy comes up. I'd imagine actually that they'd just take an application form off you (maybe with a resume). If outsourced to, say, Manpower then you'll need to contact them and apply through their system, and then hope that you get rostered to rail services, or make sure you apply directly for a rail vacancy.

driver9000

Established Member
Northern dont employ their own cleaners, the use a contracting company called ISS. This includes stations, carriage cleaners at main terminals and depot cleaners

devon_metro

Established Member
Can't speak for all TOCs but recently there were adverts for carriage cleaning staff on both the First Great Western and South West Trains websites (at Reading and Alton respectively), so I'm guessing those two TOCs do employ all/some of their cleaners rather than using contractors.

Indeed, FGW seem to have a lot more which is of course very welcome. Contractors are useless

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What the hell is this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.