• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cathedrals Express 19/4/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railcar B

Anyone know what loco is substituting for 6201 on tomorrow's Banbury-Swanage "Cathedrals Express"?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Schnellzug

Established Member
Although I haven't seen bittern since it became bittern again, though whether I might go out for it depends on the weather, I expect. Apaprently it's reversing in Southampton up goods loop so it's pointing the right way for the way back, so I presume it'll have Shed or a Skip on the front going down to Swanage.

341o2

Established Member
yep, Bittern, running tender first. Southampton - Swanage Officially arr Brockenhurst 1320 dep 1328, in fact did not get going to approx. 1350 and caused some minor delays.

Firstly, it used Platform 4, as a result the Lymington branch train used Platform 1. On its departure, the movement caused an eastbound 444 to be briefly held while the 158 crossed onto the Lymington tracks.

Bittern then came in frount of the Cross Country 1357 Brock depart which was running under caution as it approached the site of Lymington Junction

Attachments

• IMG_4507-3.jpg
    IMG_4507-3.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4521-23.jpg
    IMG_4521-23.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 27

Schnellzug

Established Member
I saw that it was booked to reverse at Soton so Bittern was pointing the right way for the way back, but I assumed they'd put a Diesel on the other end. It must be a bit of a rarity running that distance on the main line Tender first. Was there someone stationed in the Tender looking out through the Window, I wonder?

tec

I saw the coaches presumably for this at Banbury sidings this morning.

As I drove past it was hauled by an EWS diesel and looked as though it had just arrived or being prepared for it's journey.

341o2

Established Member
Has Bittern failed? Tounge in cheek comment as both the Dreaming Spires and Bath Spa expresses have been cancelled in May "due to lack of a suitable locomotive"

Status
Not open for further replies.