• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Central Line Stock Allocations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossforth

Established Member
Morning all

It’s a bit of a long shot.

I did a bit of travelling about yesterday on the Underground and I did a quick hop on the Central line. I noted that two of the units in the 8 car formation were 92001 and 92128.

I don’t suppose anyone knows which other two units they were coupled to yesterday?

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossforth

Established Member
Ah ok. I know that 92001 was at one end when I was on it. Even just the other end unit would be a bonus

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Having wasted two hours today because I obviously need Specsavers ( don't ask! :oops::rolleyes: ), perhaps I should check whether two of the units with cabs out of service 91177 and 91341 are still only capable of being formed in the middle of a rake and therefore cannot be formed as end units?

Kite159

Veteran Member
Having wasted two hours today because I obviously need Specsavers ( don't ask! :oops::rolleyes: ), perhaps I should check whether two of the units with cabs out of service 91177 and 91341 are still only capable of being formed in the middle of a rake and therefore cannot be formed as end units?

I believe 91177 has been out of service for a good couple years (a screenshot I got sent said Feb 16) and was being used as a Christmas tree for other sets

Dstock7080

Established Member
91341 has been in Acton Works many months now and is the pilot unit for the heavy refurbishment for the '92 Stock, including; new AC motors, new LED lighting, new visual/audio passenger information system, new seating moquette, possible new seat bases and refitting of armrests.
The new workshop is now under construction.

thought i saw 91311 in the middle this morning.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Ah... thanks.... so 91341 should at least emerge with a usable cab, but I may well have a permanent gap for 91177...?

notverydeep

91177 has just been through the Heavy Overhaul (HO) programme and so may well be back in service soon. It doesn't appear to be a leading car in any train in service over the last week as yet however, although that doesn't exclude the possibility it is running as a middle unit in service. 91341 is expected to be the last unit in the HO programme after the W&C units, being done in August. Whether it will return to service after that or continue to be used by the AC Traction project (which isn't the same as the HO programme) I don't know...

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
91315-93230-93128-91001 are the four units in that compo.

Crossforth

Established Member
91315-93230-93128-91001 are the four units in that compo.

Thanks for that Mojo.

I hate to think where you lot got your info from. I struggle to get anything out of the TOC I work for never mind anyone else :lol:

samuelmorris

Established Member
Are there any observable differences to units that have been through the heavy overhaul program? I'm in no rush to score every unit on the Central line as I find it rather unpleasant these days (and it can be hard to see all four unit numbers on crowded platforms) but if there's a noticeable difference in these units inside I suppose I ought to take a look at one...

notverydeep

Are there any observable differences to units that have been through the heavy overhaul program? I'm in no rush to score every unit on the Central line as I find it rather unpleasant these days (and it can be hard to see all four unit numbers on crowded platforms) but if there's a noticeable difference in these units inside I suppose I ought to take a look at one...

If there were any internal modifications included in the Overhauls (and I am not aware of any), it has had no real impact on their appearance. The project to achieve a greater degree of RVAR compliance hasn't yet commenced.

samuelmorris

Established Member
Fair enough, thanks! I imagine we'd have heard about it if anything significant had happened yet

Are the overhauled units still using the same traction gear too?

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I'll be in London tomorrow ( 1st October ) so I'd be very interested if 91177 is out off peak...

notverydeep

I'll be in London tomorrow ( 1st October ) so I'd be very interested if 91177 is out off peak...

It appears to be working (leading) train 102 - currently 1445 Newbury Park - White City (30 seconds early at Bond Street), next 1556 White City - Woodford via Hainault, then 1732 Woodford via Hainault - White City. Later workings are 1846 White City - Hainault, 1951 Hainault - White City, 2054 White City - Newbury Park, 2156 Newbury Park - North Acton and lastly 2308 - Hainault and stable 0010. Beware of course this assumes that it doesn't get reformed at any stage...

Hope this helps...

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I may have an opportunity to try again tomorrow 22nd if the required unit(s) is ( are ) in service - are they both back yet, or just 91177 so far?

notverydeep

I may have an opportunity to try again tomorrow 22nd if the required unit(s) is ( are ) in service - are they both back yet, or just 91177 so far?

Sorry to disappoint, but 91177 seems to be stopped again (the formation listed in my 20 September post has been reformed) and 91341's completion date has been put back to the end of the year.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Afternoon all; if 91177 and 91341 are out tomorrow Monday 3rd, I would be interested in their whereabouts, please... I should have an opportunity to seriously go after them...

Status
Not open for further replies.