• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Central Line Tube stops re-zoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6215701.stm

Stations on a section of the Central Line will be re-zoned from 2 January in an attempt to raise passenger numbers.

Barkingside, Fairlop, Hainault, Grange Hill, Chigwell and Roding Valley, in east London, are being moved from zone five to zone four.

The stations, which form the Hainault loop, are being re-zoned to attract more passengers, Tube officials said.

By making the change, passengers travelling between the stations and central London will pay lower fares.

General manager for the Central Line, Jeff Ellis said: "Passenger numbers on this part of the line have traditionally been low compared to other parts of the Tube network."

He said their aim was "to increase passenger demand on this section of the Central Line".

Last month services to the Hainault loop were extended and the route began operating beyond 2000 GMT.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gavelex

Cool, I live on this part of the line so by talking to one of the supervisors at my local station I knew about this a while back8)

Nick W

Established Member
Shame services terminate at hainault forcing a change, which when i did it meant waiting about 20 minutes, then arriving at woodford 30 minutes late and getting a bus to a better signalled railway.

Daniel

Established Member
This allows for cheaper fares for those living on the loop, but those living on the Loughton to Epping line would still pay the same fare if travelling to one of the re-zoned stations?

T

Tom

Demand on the Tube is always for going closer into London....

mindthegap

The re-zoning is to encourage more people to use that part of the line but it always seems busy along that part when I travel on it and are LU planning to do this anywhere else on the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.