• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Central newist deisel fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.

asopu10

Why do non of the central trains newer deasil trains (sorry I don't know thier name, they work the citylink services amongst others) have loads of internal doors seperating the diffrent sections of the carriges that don't work! They are hardley ever working, and I've been on when they are working and they make a huge diffrence in terms of noise, but there usually jammed open, or you even have to force them open with your hands! Are they really unreliable? Or do they get turned off for some reason? Just weanted to know for some reason!

Thanks.:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aureol

Established Member
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
The Turbostar doors probably hardly ever work because they are very annoying when they do work. They probably receive quite a number of complaints and decide to isolate them after a while.
I remember sitting in unofficial First Class seats from Nottingham to Alfreton, and even in that short distance I got very annoyed at them opening for no reason.

Plus, I didn't even know Central Trains HAD First Class!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
They DON'T. All CT's Turbostar fleet with First Class-style seating is declassified. This includes such seating in the 170/3s they have.

Guinness

Established Member
I've noticed this internal door problem many times on Turbostars. Annoying when you need the toilet for those who avoid the 20p New Street charge but more seriously a HSE issue?

Tom B

Established Member
Surely all such doors can be opened by decent pressure from the hand when failed?

Guinness

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Surely all such doors can be opened by decent pressure from the hand when failed?

Most likely although they have small, low handles which can be problematic...

Never tried it myself 8-)

AlexS

Established Member
If the doors aren't opening properly, give them a kick (tip from a guard I might add!). Oh, and don't need the loo on the late night trains, because the tanks will be full and the doors locked (unless you have a sensible conductor who wedges the door open).

steve158

guard's tip here:

on a turdostar(170)put your hand on the top of the door and touch it. it'll open then, hopefully.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
According to the handmade sign I saw on 'one' in the summer, you're supposed to yank the doors apart by placing your hands flat on the glass:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.