• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Central trains Conductors to strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Established Member
This is going to course some disruption for the traveling public.

http://www.centraltrains.co.uk/templates/NewsArticle.aspx?id=1616

Here at silverlink the drivers are getting double time, and us conductors are getting normal pay, the RMT are having talks next tuesday with Silverlink to see if they can come to some compremise to get us double time. for the 24th and the 31st of december, N.E.G have stopped all talks for the time being because of the Central guys refusing double time.

Why not accept the double time is there another dispute we haven't heard about.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asopu10

Central trains are such a **** TOC, there always striking, they ere on unofficial strike today, no one would voulenteer for sunday. I don't see what the problem is if they've been offerd double time, I wish I got double time for christmas eve! There must be something else going on as from what I've heard so far I can see no reason for strike action, it seems to happen every year about pay and conditions around this time.

Ca55ie

Central trains are such a **** TOC, there always striking, they ere on unofficial strike today, no one would voulenteer for sunday

two points: when was the last strike on CT? also, since when did staff not VOLUNTEERING to work Sundays constitute a strike?
may I humbly suggest you refrain from commenting on issues you clearly know little about!

Tom C

Sundays are not part of the working week in many positions on the railway so it is not compulsary for staff to work so if they want to they are quite within their rights not to.

asopu10

two points: when was the last strike on CT? also, since when did staff not VOLUNTEERING to work Sundays constitute a strike?
may I humbly suggest you refrain from commenting on issues you clearly know little about!

They either strike or threaten to strike at christmas every year it seems, saying that when there not on strike they often cancel so many services, particually on sunday, that they might as well strike. And it constitutes a strike when it is reported as a "unoffcial strike" both by the staff I asked for help at the station and in the local newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.